Monday, February 23, 2015

Red Carpet Style: Oscars 2015

There were so many greats looks on last night's Oscar Awards red carpet, it was hard to narrow it down to my favorites! Red was a big color trend, as well as blush pink & neutrals. The trend of embellished gowns continues with sequins and the introduction of pearl beading, as seen below on Lupita Nyong'o. Cut out details are still prominent on the red carpet, with unique and interesting placement such as Naomi Watts' Armani Privé gown. See my picks for Best Dressed below. Who was your favorite?

{Lupita Nyong'o / Calvin Klein}
Lupita looks stunning in this custom pearl beaded gown. It's reportedly made out of 6,000 pearls!
One word: Wow!


{Naomi Watts / Armani Privé}
I love the high neckline on this patterned sequin gown. Naomi took a risk with the bandeau and open back but she pulled it off flawlessly! 


{Rosamund Pike / Givenchy}
Rosamund is on trend in red, with a gown made of rosettes. I'm obsessing over the feminine details on this dress: the pretty scalloped bustline and ruffles along the slit.


{Margot Robbie / Saint Laurent}
I love the plunging neckline and sheer sleeves on this simply elegant gown. Margot's hair & makeup were my favorite of the night, as well. That matte red lip was perfection! See my fave matte red lipstick here.


{Reese Witherspoon / Tom Ford}
This sleek color blocked dress is so flattering on Reese and accentuates her tiny waist by balancing it with the off-the-shoulder straps. She looks so chic!

2 comments:

  1. I love Rosamund Pike's dress! She looked stunning!

    XO
    VanityPear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/24/2015

    Missing a lot of looks here, but I love Lupita's look, as well as Jennifer Lopez, Margot Robbie, Zoe Saldana, and a host of others. I didn't actually watch the show, so I only can go off photos that I've seen across the blogosphere.

    xo

    ReplyDelete