Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving Thanks

This is the first Thanksgiving I have not been with my family. I am currently sitting in bed watching the 
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade alone in my studio as I type this, so I apologize for the sentimental post.

I am thankful to have had the opportunity to land my dream job in LA earlier this year, but it's times like these that I just want to be in Florida with everyone I love the most. There are so many things I am missing about today: eating stuffing for breakfast, helping my mom in the kitchen, watching football with my dad, and playing in the pool with my niece and nephew. 
As much as I miss all those traditions, I am looking forward to creating new traditions. I am thankful for the great friends 
I have made here that are including me in their "friendsgiving" celebration. Cheers to drinking and cooking all afternoon!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday and are fortunate enough to spend it with your loved ones!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I am counting down the days until I go home for Christmas to see my family. 
(28 days, if you were wondering) 


No comments:

Post a Comment