Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Currently Obsessed

{#GIRLBOSS}

I just finished reading #GIRLBOSS which is one part career advice and one part Sophia Amoruso's story of building the Nasty Gal empire. She is a trailblazer when it comes to e-commerce fashion and her series of failures and triumphs is so inspiring - it reminds me to never give up on my dream.

I've always dreamed big: I knew since I was 13 years old that I wanted to own a fashion boutique. All of my life decisions since then have been moving me one step closer to achieving that dream. I attended Florida State University to earn a Bachelor's degree in Retail Merchandising and Product Development, with a minor in Business. After graduating college, I moved to California to work in the Buying Department of BCBG Max Azria corporate headquarters.

I have always stayed focused on my dream no matter what challenges arise, or sacrifices I have had to make. Living on the opposite coast of the country as my entire family is difficult to say the least, but I have been gaining knowledge and experience every day to one day apply to opening my own boutique.

I highly recommend #GIRLBOSS to anyone who aspires to be successful in business, fashion industry or not. Never stop dreaming! 

2 comments:

  1. I love that! Sounds so inspiring, I definitely have to read this as well.

    www.stylewaxpoetic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read this too and loved it as well! Such a good book, definitely deserves its spot as a best seller!

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete