Friday, December 4, 2020

Dear Jack - Part 2

You are officially 2 years old today, my sweet boy. This year has definitely had its challenges, but even with all the uncertainty, darkness and division that 2020 has brought, you have been my guiding light through it all. It is unbelievable how much you have changed in the last year - taking your first steps in February, starting two days a week at "school" in March, chatting up a storm, and blossoming into your personality. You are so cuddly and affectionate, playful & charming, particular, smart and silly.

I never want to forget how hard your little arms squeeze my neck when you give hugs. I never want to forget the way you grab my hand and lead me around the house to follow you, your little feet pitter-pattering on the wood floor. I never want to forget the sound of the words you innocently mispronounce and how you always go on "two" when we count to three. I never want to forget the way you squeal when you and Dada play, and say "agin" over and over. I never want to forget those six weeks of quarantine, I will be forever grateful for that extra quality time together as a family.

 You are the most loved little boy and are so lucky to have the most amazing village around you. Your Nana and Pop Pop are two of your favorite people and the feeling is definitely mutual. You love to catch lizards in the backyard. Your favorite color is orange. When you try to do "thumbs up" you stick up your pointer finger and I love it so much. You would rather be outside than anywhere else, especially if it involves the beach or a swing. You talk in the third person and call yourself “Jack” or “Bubbaaaa” if you’re doing something mischievous. The best part of your bedtime routine is dancing in the kitchen when you snuggle into the nook of my neck and melt into my arms. 

Seeing the world through your eyes has shifted my perspective - to slow down and enjoy the journey, to see the positive and remember what is most important in life. Being your Mama is my greatest gift. Life just gets better and better with you and I want to soak up every single moment. 

Happy Birthday Jack Man! Love you to the moon and back.










No comments:

Post a Comment