Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Recently Read

{my idea of self-care: an essential oil bath bomb, candle & a good book}

In a previous post, I mentioned picking up reading as a new hobby in February of last year, and have read 30 books since. Also finally downloaded the Libby app and it's already saving me tons of money on my new pastime by offering free books from my local library that upload directly to my kindle. Below I'm sharing a round-up of the novels I have recently read & loved.

It Happened One Summer - Tessa Bailey
I really liked this one - it's marketed as Schitt's Creek fan fiction and it fit the bill. The chemistry of the main characters was delightful and Piper's character arc was reminiscent of Alexis Rose's in the show. The sequel based on her sister is decent too.

Love and Other Words - Christina Lauren
LOVED this book! Beautifully written novel about first love, and really tugged at my heartstrings. Highly recommend adding it to your list.

Carrie Soto Is Back - Taylor Jenkins Reid
Although TJR is one of my favorite authors, I wasn't expecting much from this book based on the synopsis. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed it! The storyline of a tennis champion returning to the sport to reclaim her title record, with her father as her coach, was a fast-paced read and really shined a light on the internal struggles of a fellow perfectionist.

It Starts With Us - Colleen Hoover
Flew through the sequel to "It Ends With Us" in a few days - such a quick, easy & light read. I actually preferred it to the first book since it was less domestic violence-centric.

The Perfect Marriage - Jeneva Rose
10/10! This murder-mystery is a definite page-turner with lots of twists and an unpredictable ending. I could not put it down, and tore through it within 48 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment