Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Tallahassee Weekend

Last weekend Jack, Greg, myself and my parents drove up to Tallahassee for a Florida State football game. We camped in my parents RV just 15 minutes away from campus at a beautiful campground on a lake. It was so fun to show Jack where Mom & Dad used to live, including some of our favorite places (Gordo's, Tom Brown Park, Lake Ella).

Our first stop after setting up camp on Friday was dinner at Gordo's. Laidback Cuban food with the BEST fries on the planet. We snagged a picnic table outside on the deck and kept Jack entertained with rounds of tic-tac-toe on the chalk-covered fence.

We got tickets for the FSU vs. Syracuse game on Saturday afternoon. Taking Jack to his first football game at my alma mater was definitely a highlight of my weekend, month, year, and motherhood as a whole! The weather was beautiful and the Noles had a big win! 

On Sunday, the five of us hiked a few miles at Tom Brown and let Jack run around the playground before stopping for lunch. We took a lap around Lake Ella, which was super special, as Greg and I went there on our first date back in 2009! Before heading back to the camper, we swung by Wescott Fountain on campus to snap a picture of Jack at one of the most iconic photo-ops. Back at the campground, we sat around the fire as the sun went down and played eye-spy. 

It was so nostalgic to walk around campus and drive around town and see places Greg and I had lived and visited, as well as the new spots that have popped up in the last decade since I graduated. Reflecting back on when my parents helped me get settled into my dorm room as a freshman, and seeing where my life is now really got me in my feels. Extra grateful for the most amazing parents that guided me, challenged me, and supported me every step of the way on my journey.

One of my favorite traditions is sharing the best part of our day with Jack every night, whether we go around the dinner table or while we're snuggling in bed after a story. We did this each night of the trip, and on the drive back home all five of us picked our favorite part of the weekend. We all said more than one, which proved how much fun we all had, and decided we need to make this an annual trip!

{dinner at Gordo's}

{tic-tac-toe}


{campground dock on Lake Talquin}

{helping Poppy start a fire}


{glamping with patron by the fire // Carl (aka "Clufford") the campground rooster that woke us up every morning}

{little seminole}

{unconquered statue outside Doak Campbell stadium}

{best parents!}

{Jack's first football game!}

{Mom & Dad}

{exploring the trails at Tom Brown park}

{family}


{Jack was such a trooper on our 4 mile hike, especially with some assistance}

{that mischievous grin}

{how cute are they?!}


{mamas with their babies}

{The Buckmans}

{piggy back nap}

{Jack ordered his very first soda at lunch - Shirley Temple!}


{Lake Ella}

{back where it all began}

{Future Nole}

No comments:

Post a Comment