Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Deviled Eggs

 {deviled eggs on the cutest ladybug plate my mom gave me a few years back}

It's a tradition every year for me to make deviled eggs on Easter weekend, but this year I think they were my best yet. I make deviled eggs occasionally since Greg and I both love them, however this was my first time adding a hint of honey mustard...amazing! Greg's voting for it to be permanent, but I have to get the taste test back from my parents first! Try it for yourself with the recipe & ingredients I use below. P.S. I don't measure anything out, just add it to taste, depending on the quantity of eggs/yolks.


{we served our deviled eggs with BBQ pulled pork subs - see that recipe here!}


Hard Boiled Eggs
Place eggs in a single layer in a large pan.
Fill pan with cold water, about 1 inch over the eggs.
Bring water to a boil, cooking uncovered.
Just when it starts to boil, remove pan from hot burner and cover.
Let eggs stand in hot water for 12 minutes.
Drain eggs and run cold water over them to stop cooking.
Let the eggs cool completely, then peel shells.

Deviled Eggs
Cut  hard boiled eggs in half lengthwise.
Carefully scoop out the yolks and smash in a large bowl.
Add the following ingredients:
Mayonnaise
Yellow Mustard
a little Honey Mustard
Relish
Salt/Pepper
Once you've combined all the ingredients,
top all egg halves generously & sprinkle with paprika.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment