Friday, March 18, 2016

Spring Runway Trends

I love spring fashion - the light airy maxi dresses, colorful prints, and feminine details make my style-obsessed heart skip a beat. There were stunning shows for Spring/Summer 2016 and with the first day of spring on Sunday, I thought there was no better time to round up my favorite trends from the runways. Which one is your fave?



{amazing off-the-shoulder & cold-shoulder options}

Last year, my favorite trend was off-the-shoulder (evidence here & here). I must say the addiction hasn’t slowed down as I’m still scooping up anything off-the-shoulder I can find! This season’s update is the cold-shoulder – with intricate details such as embellished collars and strappy necklines.


{see great suede stuff here}

You all know I’ve been loving the 70’s revival (styled here, here & here). Suede is my go-to when it comes to the 70’s-inspired trends. Everything from suede shorts, a fringe bucket bag, or a mini-skirt give off that bohemian vibe. 


{shop floral dressestopsskirts & pants}

Florals & spring go hand in hand. While it’s not a ground-breaking trend, it still evokes the change in season so perfectly, and there are an endless amount of floral options in the market, whether you like a subtle daisy print or a large scale graphic design. The freshest take on floral was seen at Michael Kors and Burberry with both designers showing dresses with beautiful 3D floral appliqué.


{beautiful pleated pieces here}

Pleats make a resurgence every so often. This season however is all about the smaller knife pleat. I love the effortless look of a pleated maxi skirt and crop top – ideal for anything from brunch to a bridal shower.


{shop ruffled tops & dresses}

Nothing is more flirty than a ruffled top or dress. This trend is perfect for anywhere – work, date-night, a wedding. Just be sure to keep in mind the proportion and keep the rest of the look slim and simple as to not become a walking cupcake.


{shop white shirts here}

A crisp white button down is one of those staples in every wardrobe, but I'm loving the way designers are deconstructing this classic piece for spring. Think asymmetrical hems, unbuttoned & tied, and cold shoulder details to update this basic.


all images via vogue.com

24 comments:

  1. I'm loving the cold shoulder trend--last year I was obsessed with the off-the-shoulder look so this is sort of similar! That Rebecca Minkoff dress is STUNNING!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/18/2016

    Can't wait to see these spring trends start to hit the stores! Love the romantic ruffles and florals especially! Have a great weekend!

    www.laurenfarrellny.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous post! Thanks for sharing! Have a fabulous weekend doll!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A white shirt is always a classic. Of course I always love florals and pastels. But I must say a cold-shoulder is the trend I want to try this upcoming Spring and Summer. =)

    Welcome by and join my new linkup today. It is currently live! Thank you and Happy St. Patrick's Weekend! Ada. =)

    http://eleganceandmommyhood.blogspot.com/2016/03/thursday-moda-3-and-st-patricks-gree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great round up! I'm loving the off the shoulder and floral trend lateley! Can't wait to try them!

    Annessa / www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually love them all so its hard to pick my favorite! Anything off the shoulder is my jam right now, so if your making me pick one! Haha!
    http://www.flauntandcenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yaasss, to 70s suede! It's my fave! Great post on spring fashion, babe!
    Happy Friday, my gorgeous friend!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Vanessa! Wishing you an amazing weekend lady!

      Delete
  8. I really like how you have summed up the trends here :) I feel the need to buy more ruffles and pleats- both such pretty trends

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite trend is definitely the white shirt remix - who could resist?
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great classic update! Thank you Siffat!

      Delete
  10. I love your lipstick color! cute look!

    kelseybang.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cold shoulder and pleats trends are my fave right now!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  12. The return of the cold shoulder - hallelujah!!! One of my all time fave trends :)

    http://clutchandcarryon.com/gg-sunshine-supreme/

    ReplyDelete