Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Beauty Swaps

Sharing the beauty swaps I've made this year in an effort to be more intentional, environmentally friendly and aid in my current lifestyle.


First up, I switched from makeup remover wipes to a cleansing balm. To think that 350+ makeup wipes end up in a landfill every year just from my own use is mind blowing. I started using the Versed Cleansing Balm and I love it! It eliminates every trace of makeup, mascara included, and leaves my skin feeling super soft. I follow it up with a second cleanse of Cetaphil and then slather on my nighttime skin care routine. Versed is a vegan, cruelty-free and clean drugstore brand, available at Target. This is the first product I've used from the line, but have read glowing reviews on others too.


Since going back blonde, I've been using a purple shampoo to help combat the brassy tones that creep in between salon appointments, which have been dragged out even farther in the era of coronavirus. My current favorite is Amika Bust Your Brass Cool Blonde Shampoo. Not only is it super effective & affordable, but it also smells amazing and doesn't have the horrible ingredients in other shampoos (parabens, sulfates, phthalates). A little goes a long way - I use a dime-sized amount once every 7-10 days so one bottle lasts a long time. I've trained my hair to go longer between washes and currently only shampoo twice a week. When I'm not using my purple shampoo, I stick to Amika's Vault Shampoo & Conditioner which locks in my color.



Finally, I've been trying to find more clean & natural products and one of my favorite brands is Summer Fridays. I have used their Jet Lag mask as my overnight moisturizer for the last year, and their Vanilla Lip Butter is heavenly. I also just ordered the Overtime Mask after trying a sample - it smells like pumpkin and exfoliates my skin so perfectly. I have yet to test out any products outside the OG masks, but I've heard great things about the CC Me Serum which is loaded with Vitamin C. I follow one of the founders, Lauren Ireland, on Instagram and her blog (You & Lu) - she is a super-relatable working mama to a toddler with another one on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment