Monday, March 4, 2024

Save vs. Splurge


Everyone has different priorities when it comes to what they spend money on. I definitely have items that I look for deals on, and other areas that I lean into quality and therefore spend a bit more. Below I'm sharing a few categories that I save vs. splurge.

{SAVE}

mascara
I've tried so many expensive mascaras (Diorshow, ilia, etc.) but keep coming back to my drugstore fave: L'Oreal voluminous butterfly in blackest black.

shoes
Ok, hear me out: shoes get the most wear of any item of clothing and I'm not one to get shoes re-soled by a cobbler. I'm all about the Target dupes - the best sandals and heels at that sweet spot $20 - $30 price point. By the time they are worn out, I'm ready for a new trend anyway.

work lunch
I meal prep 4-5 lunches for the work week, every single week for Greg and I. Not only is it more cost-effective, but so much healthier than going out to a restaurant or getting something delivered multiple days a week.


{SPLURGE}

skincare/face makeup
Not all of my face makeup and skincare products are pricey, but a select few I invest in since they actually provide results. For example, the Summer Fridays cc me serum is my holy grail for fading dark spots and teenage acne scars on my face. I'm also a cult follower of the IT cosmetics cc cream with SPF 50 - I wear it every single day.

designer bags
My personal favorite splurge: designer purses! They hold their value more than any other item of clothing or accessory. A bag makes or breaks an outfit - even if I'm running to the store after yoga, I look more put together with a statement bag.

quality groceries
I cook dinner at home at least 5-6 nights a week. Health is a priority for me, and cooking for my family is one of my love languages. I aim for quality ingredients - organic chicken with no hormones, fresh and in-season produce, etc. Not everything I buy is organic though. For instance, bananas & avocados have a peel so the pesticides don't actually reach the part of the food you consume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment