Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Recently Read

{curled up in the den with a new book & Zoey on my lap}

Sharing a few of the books I've recently read and loved. I tend to gravitate toward light reads - think the book version of a romantic comedy or bravo show lol. Although, I've picked up some more intense/thriller/drama novels lately that came highly recommended, and liked a couple of them surprisingly. It takes me longer to read those as I find myself needing a break vs. the rom-coms that I binge read on the weekend.

One Italian Summer - Rebecca Serle
Absolutely loved every page of this book, and finished it in less than 12 hours! I immediately called my mom and told her to reserve it on the libby app as well. It's a feel-good, heart-warming mother/daughter story set in an idyllic Italian town. 

Ugly Love - Colleen Hoover
CoHo is often hit or miss for me - I either love it or hate it, but this one was kept me intrigued.

The Last Mrs. Parrish - Lynne Constantine and Valerie Constantine
Different than my usual genre but enjoyed it. The plot really took a turn with a narrator switch halfway through.

Mad Honey - Jodi Picoult
A gripping novel about a divorced beekeeper raising her teenage son, and what it means to be true to yourself. It continually surprised me to the end.

One True Loves - Taylor Jenkins Reid
I enjoyed this novel about a young woman finding herself and chasing her dreams, even if those dreams evolve over time.

No comments:

Post a Comment