Monday, December 4, 2023

Dear Jack - Part 5

How are you FIVE already?! I feel like you were just placed on my chest in the hospital, and simultaneously, I can't remember life without you in it.

Everything is way more fun with you - you make me laugh harder than anyone I've ever met. You give the best hugs in the world. You love to snuggle and still like to hold my hand when we walk into school. You are extremely witty and charismatic. You still love trucks of all kinds - monster trucks, fire trucks, garbage trucks, construction trucks. You have an amazing memory, recalling places and experiences from years ago, and can recite a book after Dad and I read it to you just a handful of times. You feel like a mini adult the way you talk and express your opinions. You speak so genuinely, especially with compliments or showing your love.

You are the first blood relative I have ever met since I was adopted, and seeing my physical features and personality traits in you is extra emotional. Dad often jokes that there are two of us since we are so much alike. 

The transition from your three-sided crib to a big boy bed happened earlier this year, and now you have a queen size bed with enough room for me to have sleepovers with you once in a while. You started VPK this year, and continue to learn and grow each month. We have entered the age of play-dates and seeing you form friendships with classmates and neighbors has been so special.

- - -

Some things I never want to forget about this age, including a couple "Jackisms" I have written down in your Jack Journal:

Instead of "literally" you say "litery" and I am never going to correct you because it's my new favorite word.

You love an outfit - even to go swimming in the pool, you always want to wear a sun shirt with your swim trunks.

One night when we were snuggling before bedtime, I gave you a big hug and kiss and you said, "now we're married!" It was so cute that you associated love with being married.

- - -

Happy Birthday Jack! I love you more every single day.














No comments:

Post a Comment