Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Guide to Second-Day Hair

In an effort to make my hair healthier and preserve my color, I've been trying to only wash my hair every other day. When I first started this process I couldn't skip one day of shampooing without looking like a grease-ball, but I've mastered a fool-proof system to make my second-day hair look fresh.

1
The night before, I use dry shampoo on my roots to soak up any oil. By sleeping with the dry shampoo on my roots, any traces of that pesky white residue is absorbed and I wake up with tons of volume! I honestly haven't found a dry shampoo that I love yet so if you have any recommendations please leave it in the comments below!

2
In the morning I apply Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Smoothing Milk to the bottom half of my hair to banish any frizz and make my locks smooth and shiny.

3
I add a light wave to my hair by wrapping different size sections around the barrel of my curling iron (check out my tutorial of how to transform your curling iron into a wand here). I spray a medium hold hairspray all over and then comb through the curls with my fingers to loosen them up a bit. I don't like my hair to look too perfect, I prefer a tousled bed head look. 

{The End Result}

1 comment:

  1. TIGI Catwalk collection dry shampoo. My fave so far. I get it at Ulta.

    ReplyDelete