Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Peanut Butter Cookies with Reese's Pieces & Chocolate Chips



I LOVE peanut butter! I could seriously just eat it out of the jar with a spoon, so naturally I love peanut butter cookies. When I came across this recipe on pinterest, I almost started drooling - peanut butter cookies loaded with chocolate chips & Reese's pieces (my second favorite candy behind Reese's peanut butter cups!) They turned out so delicious...thick and soft with creamy peanut butter, melty chocolate and crunchy Reese's pieces. I doubled the original recipe, which made about 5 dozen, plenty for my family & my co-workers. See the single batch recipe below.

ingredients
 1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 butter (1 stick), softened
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt
1 cup Reese's pieces
1 cup chocolate chips

directions
{1}
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a stand mixer, combine brown sugar, butter and peanut butter. Beat on medium-high speed until creamy. Add egg and vanilla and mix until light & fluffy.
{2}
Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl. Add flour, baking soda, salt and mix on low speed until just incorporated.
{3}
Add Reese's piece & chocolate chips. Blend until mixed throughout.
{4}
Using a cookie scoop (I used a 1-inch),  place cookie dough on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Softly flatten the dough with the palm of your hand.
{5}
Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes, then remove from baking sheet and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before storing - or in my case, before I eat them all :)

50 comments:

  1. YUMMM!!! I need one of these in my life right now.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great recipe, M! I need to make some since they are my son's faves!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum, yum, yum! These look amazing, lady!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg these look so delicious!! Pinning it!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it :)
    http://ordinaryblondie9.blogspot.hr/2016/04/lovely-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look yummy!! <3
    I'm new over here so please check out my blog! and if you want to follow eachother please let me know :)

    vinylsdustandleather.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! These look delicious too!! We are both baking enthusiasts it looks like :)

    dots & details
    www.dotsandetails.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been craving nothing but chocolate all day...these look divine!! YUM!
    xx
    Laura
    www.sequinsatbreakfast.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg these look amazing!!! I love anything with reeses!

    <3 Shannon
    Upbeat Soles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy these look amazing!!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just reading this turned me into a drooling mess! As a fellow peanut butter nerd I have to try these!

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look delicious! I will have to try this recipe! Thanks for sharing xx

    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum yum YUM! These sound so stinkin' good--they look so soft too! Thanks for sharing this recipe!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm these look so good! Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yummy!!! Love this girl! Happy Wednesday!
    Much love, Len
    http://www.lenparent.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. These sound so good!! Thanks for sharing :)

    www.maggiealamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, these look and sound SO incredibly delicious! I, too, love anything with peanut butter and chocolate, the best combination to ever exist in my book, haha! Thanks so much for sharing, girlie, and I hope you're having a great week so far!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jalisa! Wishing you a great week as well doll!

      Delete
  18. Yummiiii!!! I want to eat them now! :)
    This pictures are so great!
    Much love, Pisa
    www.inlovewithmyclothes.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness this recipe made me so hungry!

    xx,
    Susie

    www.SequinsandStrawberries.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yum! I need to carve some time to try these!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic look!!! Great post! :) Greetings! :)

    http://kasztanowydomek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. God I love reeses pieces. I dont think I will be able to make a cookie I'd eat them all before they could bake!

    Meghan | BeyondBasicBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the recipe. I love your nail polish color by the way ;)

    ♥ from www.expatpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The color is Essie "fear or desire" :)

      Delete
  24. I love Reece's Pieces. Sounds delicious! :)

    Xo,
    Miki
    http://mikialamode.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi dear,

    I follow you!♥

    http://nikolaknazikova.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete