Monday, April 18, 2016

Cauliflower Fried "Rice"



 I started following a paleo diet about a month ago - not necessarily to lose weight, but simply to live a healthier lifestyle. I love the results: I feeling great, have more energy, and slimming down a few pounds is always a nice bonus. But rest assured, not all of my recipes shared here on the blog will turn healthy/paleo - I will continue cooking delicious pastas & baking sinful desserts to share! I still enjoy my cheat meal once a week (and fully indulge with no regrets!) but my weeknight dinners are filled with veggies & protein. I stumbled across this cauliflower fried "rice" recipe which is ideal for Meatless Mondays. It's so easy to make and tastes even better than Chinese takeout. 

Ingredients
1 head of cauliflower (about 2 1/2 cups chopped in a food processor)
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 onion, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
6 large carrots, chopped
2-3 tablespoons soy sauce (vary depending on taste)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons scallions, chopped

Directions
{1}
Rinse & chop the cauliflower into florets and put in a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is tiny and resembles rice.
{2}
Preheat a large skillet on medium heat. Drizzle sesame oil and add onion, peas & carrots, and fry until tender.
{3}
Slide veggies around to the sides of the pan and pour eggs in the center. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. Once cooked, combine with the onion, peas and carrots.
{4}
Add the cauliflower to the veggie and egg mixture. Add scallions. Pour soy sauce on top and stir fry until heated through and cauliflower is tender. Serve warm & enjoy!





17 comments:

  1. Personally I also do similar rice to yours, it's really healthy and delicious ;) And I followed you back as Iwona Zając via GFC (#175) :) Keep in touch, dear :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make this often, I LOVE it!! Yours look delicious. I always add siracha at the end :) I have been doing the paleo diet for well over a year and I love it!

    XO Chelsea http://www.shesaidhesaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum that sounds so good! Thanks Chelsea!

      Delete
  3. I don't do the paleo diet, but I do eat "clean" during the week, and this looks like the perfect recipe to add to my dinners!
    Rachael
    http://www.threadforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super post :)

    New post on my blog: http://vesnamar.blogspot.rs/2016/04/floral-dress.html
    Visit & follow my blog people, I always follow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cauliflower rice! This looks so good! Yumm!! Have an excellent day!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Danielle! Hope you're having a great week lady!

      Delete
  6. This looks so yummy and healthy but I don't know if I could give up the real thing
    Carly from Dresses & Denim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo this looks super yummy, I might just have to make this

    Filipa xxx
    PlayingWithApparel.com | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband just looked over my shoulder and was like "what is that?? yum!!"....So it's safe to say we may make it soon :) Hope you're having a great week! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg this looks DELISH! have to try - thanks for sharing!

    www.theclosetcrush.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cauliflower rice and bread substitute... this is the only one I haven't tried. I need to add it to my list!

    xx Falasha
    Bite My Fashion ll Instagram ll Bloglovin' ll Join the Secret Guide

    ReplyDelete