Thursday, December 15, 2016

Lipstick Tips


Talking about my favorite beauty product again - lipstick! I'm a huge fan of matte formulas, but that often comes with the unfortunate side effect of dry lips. I combat this by following 3 easy steps before applying lipstick.

{1}
b r u s h
The last thing I do in the morning when I'm getting ready for work is brush my teeth. When I'm done, I rinse the brush and gently brush my lips in a circular motion. This gets all the dry skin off and leaves my lips feeling soft and smooth.

{2}
b a l m
Next, I apply the tiniest bit of lip balm to seal in moisture - I like both EOS and Aquaphor. Be sure to only use a small amount since you don't want the shine to show through the lipstick, especially if it's matte. If you do add a little too much, lightly blot the excessive on a tissue.

{3}
l i n e
I don't reserve lip liner for only the outside edge of my lips. Starting at the center of the bow on my top lip I trace the outside edge all the way around, then lightly fill in the middle. I love MAC lip liner in "subculture" - it matches the natural color of my lips almost exactly so the shade of my lipstick is not comprised. This method also extends the lasting power of my lipstick - win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment