Monday, June 5, 2023

Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Last weekend we celebrated my mom's 65th birthday, and the countdown to her retirement (less than 3 months!) To mark the occasion, I baked one of her favorite desserts: carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. My co-worker makes one that is to-die-for, and thankfully she was willing to share the recipe. It turned out delicious!

ingredients

C A K E

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour (I use gluten free)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups of oil (I used canola)
3 cups of grated carrots

F R O S T I N G

1 stick butter
1 pound powdered sugar
1 8-oz cream cheese
2 tsp vanilla

1 cup chopped nuts (optional)


directions

C A K E 

{1}
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Apply non-stick spray to baking dish, and set aside. I used a 9x13 glass to make a single-layer rectangular cake, but you could easily do a double-layer round as well.

{2}
In a stand mixer, beat together the eggs and sugar. Add the oil.
In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda.

{3}
Add the dry ingredients to the stand mixer and beat until just combined. Add in the carrot and mix gently.

{4}
Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 1 hour. Let the cake cool completely before icing.


F R O S T I N G

{1}
Combine butter and cream cheese in a stand mixer and beat until smooth, without any chunks of cream cheese remain. 

{2}
Add the vanilla and powdered sugar until creamy frosting forms.

{3}
When the cake is cooled, use a knife or spatula to spread the frosting. If desired, add 1 cup of chopped nuts to the top. I used pecans, but walnuts would be great too. Store in the fridge, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment