Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies


Every year for Christmas, my mom and I bake a ton of cookies to give as gifts. We arrange a few different kinds of treats on a festive plate and wrap with cellofane & pretty ribbon - perfect to give to friends, coworkers, our hair salon, or as hostess gifts. This year we made pumpkin roll, white chocolate macadamia nut cookies, sugar cookies, a twist on these oatmeal cookies with pecans & cranberries, and my personal favorite: chocolate and peanut butter cookies. They are pretty much a Reese's (my all-time fave candy!) in cookie form - truly to-die-for! Although they are fairly easy to bake, grab a helper because there are a lot of steps to make these delicious cookies! We usually double the recipe but below is the single version which yields 32 cookies.


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/2 creamy peanut butter

Directions
{1}
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda; set aside.
{2}
In a large mixing bowl beat butter and the 1/4 cup peanut butter with an electric mixer on high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugars; beat until combined. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Beat in flour mixture, scraping the sides of the bowl part way to make sure all ingredients are fully combined. Shape into 32 (1 1/4-inch) balls; set aside.
{3}
For the peanut butter filling, in a medium bowl combine powdered sugar and the 1/2 cup peanut butter until smooth. Shape into 32 (3/4-inch) balls.
{4}
For each cookie, slightly flatten a chocolate ball and top with a peanut butter ball. Shape chocolate ball completely around the filling and roll into a ball. Place each cookie 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten with the bottom of a glass dipped in additional granulated sugar.
{5}
Bake for about 8 minutes or just until set and slightly cracked. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!








39 comments:

  1. Those cookies look so DELICIOUS! Great recipe love! I've been baking together with my son, and I must say: It's so fun! :)
    Wishing you and your family Happy Holidays!

    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so yummy! Thanks for the recipe!

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing!! Chocolate and peanut butter is my favorite combo. Reese's are the best! Great idea to bake.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks so delicious, I want that!
    Kisses from germany, Sophie♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bookmarked this page because I definitely want to try this recipe out, these look soooo delicious! I'm a lover of all things chocolate and peanut butter, so I know I will devour these. Thanks so much for sharing :)

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! Thanks so much Jalisa! x

      Delete
  6. Anonymous12/24/2015

    These cookies look delicious! I love Reese's, so anything with chocolate and peanut butter is an instant favorite. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    www.livinginsteil.com
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always have the yummiest things on your blog! Love it!

    Paulina

    shenanigan-ska.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look really tasty~!

    alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two of my favorite things in one! These look danerous and delicious!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look so delicious!!! Yummy! <3
    Simimaus

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want one.
    I have weakness with anything chocolate

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Looks so delicious, I must try to do it!

    I hope that you visit my blog too and maybe follow: SPIKED-SOUL.BLOGSPOT.COM :)
    And I’ll be so thankful if you click this link: www.choies.com/product/gray-cat-ear-detail-hooded-faux-fur-coat_p61361?cid=6460jesspai
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE all your baking posts! These look so darn good! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12/28/2015

    Meghan, these look simply amazing and so fun to make! My friend is coming over for New Year's and loves peanut butter so we may just have to whip a batch of these up! Thank you for the great recipe. I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    www.laurenfarrellny.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lauren! They are perfect to make with a friend! Enjoy your NYE doll!

      Delete
  15. This really spoke to my sweet tooth!! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!!
    http://www.flauntandcenter.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. OK - these look AH-mazing!! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, YUM! These combine two of my fave things. :)

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete