Wednesday, February 24, 2016

{How To} Bed Head Waves

 

I get so many questions from followers & friends about how I style my hair so I thought I should share a tutorial!
Read my steps below on how I achieve my everyday bed head waves.
You will need a 1-1/4-inch curling iron, dry shampoo. hairspray, and about 10-15 minutes to complete.

{Step 1}
Start with second-day hair - it's easier to style and will likely hold a curl longer. Add dry shampoo to the roots and work throughout by massaging scalp with fingertips. I like Dove's Dry Shampoo, which volumizes and doesn't leave that white residue.

{Step 2}
Wrap 1-inch sections of hair around a 1-1/4-inch curling iron. Curl it away from your face, and hold for about 30-50 seconds - my hair needs closer to 50 seconds since it doesn't hold a curl well. I took the clamp off of my curling iron to use it more like a wand (see the quick tutorial of that here!) I do the left side first, starting with the piece closest to my face and working my way to the back. Leave the bottom 1/2 inch of hair out to avoid damaging and causing split-ends.

{Step 3}
Spray the left side of curled hair with a medium to strong hold hairspray, depending on your hair type/preference. I've been using Pantene Anti-Humidity hairspray since moving back Florida! Then repeat Steps 2 and 3 on the right side of your hair.

{Step 4}
Next, I run my fingers through the curls to loosen them up a bit.

 {Step 5}
Lastly, I flip my hair upside and shake it by running my fingers through my roots to give it some volume. Flip hair back up for perfectly undone bed head waves.

29 comments:

  1. great tuttorial, sweety!!! xoxo <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your waves are so perfect every time! Great tutorial!

    Annessa
    www.seekingsunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such gorgeous hair! Love how you styled it!

    www.rosyoutlookblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such gorgeous hair! Thanks for sharing. I am all about waves.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful hair:) I love it!
    kisses

    http://irreplaceable-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tutorial, M! Love your hair! Those waves are GORGEOUS!!!

    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have my dream curls! I have thee thickest hair so it takes me at least an hour to curl it all. But definitely need to to try the dry shampoo into the mix!
    xo Adri
    www.adrilately.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Len! Hope you have a great week too lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair looks amazing! You look incredible.

    Heidi || Wishes & Reality

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair always looks amazing! Love this tutorial.
    Rachael
    http://www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I really need to invest in a curling iron, just need to find the right one that works with my super straight hair.

    - Lindsey, The Fashion Barbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My curling iron isn't fancy by any means - I got it about 8 years ago, it's Conair from Target but it gets the job done haha! Thanks so much Lindsey!

      Delete
  12. Your hair looks amazing! My curling iron right now is smaller than 1inch so I think I need to invest in one, you've inspired me!

    xx,
    Susie

    www.SequinsandStrawberries.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously the perfect waves! You look gorgeous doll!

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this! Such great tips! Your hair is always so gorgeous! Have an amazing weekend!

    Danielle
    http://www.blushblossom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Danielle! Wishing you an amazing weekend too lady!

      Delete